Friday, April 30, 2010

Disaster Recovery

We have tested our disaster recovery plan when we first moved over here - running on the generator for a month. (If you don't remember that, read the posts from October 2009 and November 2009).

On Wednesday I thought we were going to have to pull the generator back out. Rod called CEMC on Tuesday and told them we had passed the electrical inspection. At this point, they will move the meter from the temporary pole to the house. This causes us a problem with our power to the camper that is run under ground from the camper to a breaker on the temporary. We expected them to come on Thursday at the earliest.

But on Wednesday, I was sitting in the camper working from home when I hear the truck pull up... They were there and after about 15 minutes, I had no power. It was still early in the morning and I couldn't wait for Rod to get home, so I had to call Dad. I'm sure this isn't up to code, but he was able to get us power to the camper and the well in about an hours worth of time.

New Meter on the house


The only "hot" outlet in the house was the laundry room. The black extension cord is plugged into a powerstrip, then a makeshift connector is connected to the cable that is run underground to the campers.



Here is the 240 to the well. (like I said, I'm pretty sure wire nuts exposed laying on the ground isn't codes)

No comments:

Post a Comment