Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tina's egg Business

This week has been hard on the egg business.... First on one of the hot days - Tina had went down to show the baby chicks to her great grandparents. They were all fine and moving around and fluffy. 2 hours later she went back to feed and water them for the evening and 1/2 were dead. We think that they got overheated from the excitement of when she was showing them to Mrs. Maynard. They were NOT in the sun at all any that day but it was a very hot and humid day. Tina was extremely upset.... Now fast foward about 4 days and Tina is out of town in FL. We are taking care of the baby chicks (they have a new coop and I have order replacement babies for her). Tori and I were going out to check on one of the adult hens that I thought seemed to be under the weather. She has been just laying in the coop for a couple of days. I had made her get out of it on Sunday but she was right back. Now I know why. She has been guarding the egss. When we went over there, she was out and about so I told Tori - see must be ok, let's go ahead and get the eggs.... Look at what we found (not one egg was left)





No comments:

Post a Comment