Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day weekend is a 4 day weekend for me. I am so ready for the time off! One of the goats is pregnant and HUGE. My hope is that she was finally going to pop this weekend while I was off from work. She is so large that I am convinced that she is having a minimum of 2!

Saturday morning I go over to feed the goats. Tori is out of town with a friend and Tina spent the night with my parents. As I get over there I hear the first sounds. I know we have a baby because they cry. I run back to the house and tell Rod to get the camera and that we have a baby goat. As I get back over there and look closer - there are two. Twins. They are both already standing and nursing. Looks like Maple did a good job by herself in birthing two cute little kids.

I am so relieved because she was so large. She has been miserable in this heat and I am finally glad to no longer have to worry about her.

Sunday morning I go out to check on the new babies. I hear they crying as soon as I come outside. But it sounds like one is out of the fence. I hurry over there because I am worried something has happened. When I look under the chicken coop what do I find? Another baby!!!! One of the younger goats that we did not know was pregnant had a baby! So we now have three more mouths to feed!

No comments:

Post a Comment