Sunday, February 23, 2014

More Fence Building

Making decisions when you don't have all the variables is never a good idea.  Last week Rod asked me if we wanted to do the privacy fence portion of the fence all the way to the corner or just to the edge of where the tree line is.  We walked around and I thought about it and thought it would look a lot nicer to go all the way to the corner.  That was an additional 40 feet or so.  Today Rod is almost to the corner (only 1 more section to go) and he tells me that he priced the boards and it is going to be a little more than $7 a foot.... just for the west side of the fence that is 100 feet long (this doesn't count about 80 feet of fence that will be privacy on the east side).... I'm thinking now if we had only done privacy fence to where the tree line is, I could have gotten used to the look.  So now my fence that I hoped originally was only going to cost about $1,500 is going to go a good bit over budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment