Sunday, February 7, 2016

Sir Henry VIII


Today we welcomed our newest addition - Sir Henry VIII.  Henry's story starts in an apartment as a baby pig with two young men.  He was loved, just not in the correct environment.  After about a year he was sent to a race horse farm to live.  There he wasn't abused but rather not cared for.  He was able to break into food and eat until he was so obese that his belly was dragging the ground.  He came into the rescue with sores on his belly.

After we put Molly down last spring, I had been thinking about Dolly needing a friend.  This is when we got interested in Henry - around June of 2015.  At that time, I was so close to adopting him.  I went as far as contacting the rescue, talking to his foster parent and was ready to commit.... Then came Mona, our foster Cane Corso Mastiff.  Once we had Mona, I let the idea of getting Henry drop.  Months passed and I would see posts on facebook by the rescue.  I thought about it but still had too much going on at our house to spend time adjusting a new animal.

Last week I saw a post on facebook that Henry had been in foster care longer than any of the animals in their program.  I told Rod - that is because we are the ones that are supposed to adopt Henry!!!!  After a little discussion, we agreed to adopt.  I filled out the application, had the site visit and was approved in less than 48 hours!

Today was transport day.  Rod and I went out, loaded him up and brought him home!  So now welcome:

Sir Henry VIII







No comments:

Post a Comment