Wednesday, August 3, 2016

The Classroom of Mrs. King

Today is the 1st day of school for the students that will have Mrs. King as a 1st year teacher.  I can't tell you how proud I am of Tori.  She worked hard to finish college in 3 years so that she can get started in her profession.  She purposely looked for a teaching position in a school that has high needs and at risk students.  She looked for a place where every face in the classroom was not the same as hers.  She looked for a place that would be a challenge.  She is facing today with optimism that she can make a difference in these kids lives.  I know she can! How exciting!

Welcome!

90% of these books are from our home bookshelves.  She read all of them that came from our house.  Her classroom library has over 300 books

The first book she is going to read out loud to the children over the course of the first few weeks.

Current events wall. The chair is a reward that is part of a random drawing to reward positive behavior. 

Class worker's


Mrs. King!



7 comments:

  1. How professional you look Mrs. King! May the Lord use you in a mighty way. Very proud of all that you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Hedgehog going to live in the classroom? Hayley always loved the teachers with animals. The room looks great, I am so so very proud and a little sappy feeling about all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Hedgehog going to live in the classroom? Hayley always loved the teachers with animals. The room looks great, I am so so very proud and a little sappy feeling about all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She has not found out all the rules yet about animals in the classroom. So for right now, Brillo is still living at her house :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for her!!!! We are both teaching 6th grade this year! How cool! Tell her she can call me anytime she wants to! My ears are always open and I'm happy to share ideas/strategies. I got a book last week that I will pass on to her when I finish, hopefully this week or next, that is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure Mrs. King will be the best 6th grade teacher ever. Her Granddad says she had a lot of practice on him when she was younger. I am busting with pride.☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure Mrs. King will be the best 6th grade teacher ever. Her Granddad says she had a lot of practice on him when she was younger. I am busting with pride.☺

    ReplyDelete