Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Sebastian

So my birthday was a few days ago and tonight I was asked to dinner by my mother-in-law, Annette.  While I was having a peaceful dinner talking about everything going on in our life.... Rod and Tina were plotting against my sanity.  While I was calmly shopping with Annette... they were carrying out their plan.... And when I got home at 8:45 at night... there was dog # 6!!!!!  Who needs 6 dogs???  Who has any sanity left after 6 dogs???  I guess we will see if I make it or not! :)

Really we got a new dog a few months ago named Marley.  Marley was supposed to be another outside dog to help keep predators such as foxes, raccoons, and coyotes away from the chickens.  Marley was just not cut out for the job.. she doesn't bark!  So although she is sweet and certainly has her place here, she is not a guard dog (now herding the goats - she has that down 100% and even herds them when I don't want her herding them)

So while I was eating my peaceful dinner and shopping, Sebastian found a new home here at the Cagle Compound!  Rod found him on craigslist.  The people seemed to have cared for him even though he was living on the end of a chain.  They were not willing to give him to anyone until they saw the home... little did they know that Sebastian hit the lottery tonight.   He is 8 months old and has not been neutered yet (we will take care of that immediately).  He seems to be full of energy, very friendly, and social.  Marley and him have not quit playing for the last several hours.  So far he has gotten along with everyone with the exception of Sadie -who doesn't get along with anyone.  Bear has his nose out of joint a little and will not quit rubbing his face all over me!  He wants to make sure he is still Momma's # 1 boy.  I'm sure Sebastian is going to make a great dog for us.

So hopefully we now have our 2nd guard dog so that Rod can stop browsing craigslist!




2 comments: