Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Septic Permit

When we bought the land, it already had a septic permit. After closing when I received the copy of the permit, I started reading the "fine" print. The permit had expired 6 months earlier. So in Feb 2009 I called the TN Dept of Environment and Conservation Division of Ground Water Protection. I was told to renew the permit would cost $300. So in September 2009 I finally got around to going to renew the permit. Of course the price has now gone up to $550... I picked the completed permit up on October 5th, 2009. Today while adding this to my folder of paperwork, I noticed that he dated the permit 9-8-07 meaning it will expire in a single year! Now I am hoping we have our septic system in before 9-8-2010, but what if we don't? So I called him and he is going to change the date for me to reflect the corrected issue date. An early lesson that I need to watch all paperwork BEFORE I sign for it. I did not catch this when I signed to pick it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment