Thursday, January 28, 2010

Invoice # 1

Last week we received the first invoice from the builder. Turning it into the bank was a simple process. (Almost to easy). I checked over the invoice, emailed it to my loan agent, and the next day he brought me a check. So far we are still doing ok on the budget.

Lumber - lumber was actually $8,875 below budget. So as long as we don't need any additional lumber we are looking good there.

Flatwork - I hate seeing the bulldozer in the yard. This is one line item that we are over budget by about $3,000. The bulldozer was back again yesterday so invoice # 2 will have more on it. I can only imagine how bad this line item would have been if they hit major rock when digging out the basement.

Windows - They require that I pay for the windows and doors before they order them. So we asked for an advance for this amount. We have the front door, french doors going to the screened in porch, single door going out onto the deck, and french doors downstairs going out to the patio. There are 28 windows in the house. Most of the big windows (with the exception of Tina's) are multiple windows "mulled" together. The Windows are $1,600 over. ** see post below with the huge window and you will understand why we are slightly over budget **

Waterproofing - we are about 1/3 under budget on this right now, but I think they will be ordering more. There is still some exposed block that will be under the ground.

Footings - Still under budget by about $700 and I don't see where they would need to do any more so I think this is the final $'s on this line item.

No comments:

Post a Comment