Saturday, December 10, 2011

Happy Early Birthday!!!! Welcome home BEAR

Were do I begin?

4 weeks ago - I got a message from my vet (and friend) saying that she just got off the phone with the cane corso rescue and she couldn't wait to meet our new edition.  I couldn't believe what she was saying, so I sent her back a message and said "I think you meant this message for someone else"  She immediately called me and said "no, Brandy, they called and asked about you."  Well this freaked me out.  I could not believe that someone was using my name to get one of these dogs!!!!!  I wanted to call the rescue back, but Denise's caller id was not working. 

Obviously over the next several days, people kept saying "are you sure Rod didn't call them".  I assured everyone that there was no way that Rod would get another dog.  I mean these dogs are a MASTIFF!

After a couple of weeks, I basically forgot about it and didn't put too much thought into it.  Now it is around Thanksgiving and a friend from Rod's work comes up to the house with his dog that is none other than a .... Cane Corso....  Now I am back to being suspicious.  I then go through and assure Rod that if he is the one that has called, we don't really need another dog!  We have 3 already and Sugar is not friendly to new dogs.  I really thought we had dropped the subject.

Well not so fast.  It is now Tori's birthday.  I have planned a dinner for several of her friends and Rod, Tina, and Hayley head off for the day.  I don't have a clue where they are going, only that they will be back in time for dinner.  Around 3 in the afternoon here come some heavy footsteps in the door... My early 40th birthday present... Bear, a 2 year old Cane Corso Mastiff!!!!!  He is my new indoor horse :-)


Doesn't he look so massive and beautiful!

His tongue is ALWAYS hanging out

He can easily reach the counters...

No comments:

Post a Comment