Thursday, March 26, 2015

Tori and Matt are ENGAGED

Lets start a couple weeks back.  In the middle of Rod's favorite store... BassPro... Matt says "I guess now is as good a time as any"... and that was the beginning of another milestone that my oldest daughter is growing up.  Matt asked Rod if he could marry Tori!

So now 2 weeks later I am sitting at my computer on a Wednesday afternoon and Matt calls.  He says "the ring came in early, I'm thinking about proposing this weekend at Fall Creek Falls".  Imagine how excited that I am that he is choosing to do it while the family is somewhat around.  I didn't know all of his plans, but I knew it would probably happen on Saturday.

So Saturday comes and he is carrying the camera bag for us all day because that is where the ring is hidden.  We hiked to a spot called Rocky Point Overlook that overlooks Fall Creek Falls.  To get to that overlook you had to climb down a big hill and then back up.  I was worried that the dogs could not do that part of the climb and would have put whoever was holding the leashes in jeopardy.  So it was just Matt, Tori, Christina and Hunter on the rock.  Matt decided, at the top of the highest point they had climbed, this was the place.  He had Christina aide him in distracting Tori while he got the ring out and then got down on one knee!

Rod and I both got to watch from across the way!  Christina and Hunter had a front row seat!

I'm not sure what all he said to her, but I know she was grinning from ear to ear!

Here are some of the pictures I took of the couple this weekend - both before and after the proposal:

"Will you Marry Me"

Tori and Matt - Cane Creek Cascades swinging bridge




The proposal site from across the valley.  Rocky Point Overlook














No comments:

Post a Comment