Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas!
This year is very unusual. With the exception of Christmas 2009, I have hosted Christmas morning breakfast since 1995. This year is going to be different.....Rod and I promised Tina we would take her on any trip she wanted over the Christmas holidays. She remembered fondly a trip we took 10 years ago to Jackson Hole and that is where she wanted to go back to.  So we started planning. The plan was to fly out late on Christmas Day after my traditional breakfast. Three months ago Delta cancelled our flight and we had to change to the day after Christmas. That worked for me because we still had Christmas at home and plenty of time in Jackson hole.
Fast forward to three weeks ago - Delta called me again and said they would giv me a $500 voucher per person if we would move our flight to Christmas morning.. nope not happening I told them I couldn't.  
FOUR days ago....another call from Delta..now they are offering $1,000 voucher per person......hummmmmm.....this gave me pause. I realized at this point someone might be booted off the overbooked flight on Monday.....so I called to make sure Peter's parents were ok with it (yes...we are taking the boyfriend)  They said go for it! So the scramble began of moving our departure to Christmas morning for a 7:00 flight!
So Tori's first Christmas as a married woman she has picked up the torch that I threw to her. Mom, Dad, Mike, Christy, Granny, Aunt Sandra, Greg, Logan Tori, Matt, Wanda, and Israel - we missed having my favorite meal of the year with you!!!
I'm typing this as we are waiting in line behind 18 other planes waiting to de-ice in Salt Lake City. hoping we see Jackson hole in the next two hours.  Stay tuned for many blog posts over the next week as I keep the family and friends entertained with our adventures.  Until there here's our pics:



Waiting in Salt Lake City 
And some pics of the ones we left behind...








No comments:

Post a Comment