Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day - 195 days in the camper

Today is Mother's Day. By far the greatest thing I have ever done is being Tori and Tina's mother. They are amazing kids and I wouldn't change anything about them!!!

We have lived as a family in these two campers now for 195 days. We have went through: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Tori's Birthday, Christmas, New Year's Day, my birthday, Rod's birthday, Valentines Day, Easter, and now Mother's Day. Come heck or high water.. we will be in the house before the NEXT major holiday!!!!!!

We have reached the point were it is all work and little play. crunch time. This is taking it's toll on all of us. They say a marriage is tested while building a house. Luckily for us, we are running on just a few times where we have been angry with each other.

So how am I going to spend my Mother's Day? First I think the kids have a surprise for me. Then I have some amazing people that are not only willing to come help us with the house, but come on Mother's Day. So here is my public appreciation to those willing to come spend Mother's Day with me:

Bobbie Hill - My friend who has been there for me for a long time. She is a great mother and has 4 amazing kids (Justin, Brittany, Wyatt, and Seth) and a great husband (Scott). I am very happy to say that Bobbie and I have been friends for 26 years! I truly think she is a friend for a lifetime and I really, really appreciate her family.

Shelli Wolfe - There have been many times I just don't know what I would do without Shelli. Anytime I need anything, she is always so happy to help. Many things I just couldn't do without her. She also has some amazing kids (Zac and Hayley). Zac has been Rod's right hand man on almost every project that we have done on this land. I don't know what we would have done without his help over the past year.

Christy Davis - My sister-in-law. I couldn't ask for a better person to come into our family for my brother along with my only nephew - Logan.

Mom and Dad - I simply can not say thanks enough. Both my parents have been a HUGE help (by FAR the most help!). But since it is Mother's Day, her is to my Mom. She would do anything in the world for me and does everything that I ever need. She has been the one to work over here at the house, help me feed everyone that has worked, make my kids lunches in the mornings while we are at their house getting showers, and finally... done our laundry for 195 days now. I can't begin to say thanks enough to them both.

Today we are going to have a cookout for all of these amazing Mom's that are going to be up here working on THEIR day to help me and I just can't say THANK YOU enough!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment