Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools... NOT

Oh boy... Rod is out of town again for the 3rd week. Last night I let Sadie sleep in the house because he wasn't home. (For security and the fact that he isn't here to complain about her being in the house) About 2:30 she starts barking and comes into my room and wakes me up. She is insistant that I let her out. Once I let her out, she barks and barks and barks. It is not a normal bark and my subconscience tells me that I should go check outside. But I am tired and I just don't get up to go look. I wake up several more times during the night and have this feeling that I really need to check outside but it is cold and I just didn't get up to go do it...

So it is now morning and I am working on feeding all the animals. Normally Abby follows me everywhere in the morning and she didn't follow me over to the goats, chickens and pigs. I start to grow a little weary and I call for her. I now am somewhat worried that Sadies barking last night had something to do with it. Abby finally comes but she just constantly cries. Now I know there is a problem and I look at her and I don't see any kind of wound. I go about feeding the pigs, chickens, and goats. Then I come back over here and feed the dogs. That only leaves the baby chicks that are on the back patio downstairs to feed. So when I go outside to feed them, I see Abby under the table that their cages are set on and I see something wiggle.... YEP you guessed it... PUPPIES!

We are responsible pet owners and normally would have had her spayed already. However, I read that there is an increase in the number of dogs that are having osteoprosis and they are studying to see if it is because dogs getting spayed before they go through puberty. So I had been advised to let Abby go through heat once and then have her spayed. We have not noticed boy dogs around and I had not noticed her go into heat yet. We thought she was just getting ready to go into heat and were going to have her spayed right after she went into heat.. Guess we were wrong.

So far there are only 2 puppies and it has been hours since the second one was born so I think this is all there are going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment