Friday, January 24, 2014

Happy Birthday Rod!

Happy Birthday to Rod!

So I went a little overboard on Christmas this year for Rod and told him "All these presents are for your birthday as well"... Thinking three pair of new Timberland boots and a Northface Technical Pack was plenty for both rolled into one.

He started this week off saying work was going to be really busy and he didn't think he would be able to take off on Friday for his birthday.  Then as the week went on he realized his upgrade was going better than he hoped and it looked like he could take off.  Thursday night it was official he was going to be off on Friday.  Like typical fashion, Rod can't just rest.  So he planned to work all day at the house on his birthday.  Yes, I know the weather forecast was that Friday AM it was going to be about 5 degrees here!

We lined up for Matt, Tori's boyfriend, to come help at 9:00 AM Friday morning. So this means Thursday afternoon Rod is getting everything ready.  He comes in and says "my chainsaw will not run"... Can you guess where this is leading?

About $470 later (tax, the oil package- that buying doubled the warranty, and the saw).. Here is Rod's birthday present:
And now I have been sitting in here working all morning and all I hear is him playing with his new "toy"!  And look he is wearing eye protection!!!!
And this last shot, I just love.  Not only is his butt in the picture, you can see that they were skeet shooting a couple of nights ago and a unshot skeet landed in the tree.  (I didn't get a picture of the arrow that he also found down by this tree that must have been lost weeks ago - when he practices shooting his bow from the deck)

The last thing that I want to say here is Happy Birthday to the hardest working man that I know.  I love you and I am so thankful that I picked you to spend my life with.  I can't imagine how it could be any better than what we have!

After posting this I had to come back to edit it to put a picture of the great cake Tori just got finished making for him.  It has his backhoe toy on the top with stuff in the bucket and the front loader!



2 comments:

  1. That cake is precious! You girls (Mom included) are the best! My son is a lucky man to be so loved by 3 awesome women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Rod *cough* forgot *cough* to put gas in the "old" chainsaw. NICE chainsaw BTW. I bought a Stihl weedeater and its a haus.

    ReplyDelete