Saturday, January 30, 2016

I Fought the Bee and the Bee Won

Sunny, Warm, 60+ in January!  This is a perfect time for Rod to check on his bees.  Everyone knows the nosiest animal we have is non other than ROSE.  So Rose just had to check out all that Rod was doing.  An hour or so ago, she comes running up to the door wanting in.  I let her in and didn't think much about it.  Then 45 minutes later she is asking to go back out.  As I am walking up behind her, I think she has her tennis ball in her mouth.  I went to pull it out and realized there was not a ball.  That is how swollen her mouth is.  She must have been stung a couple of times right before she came running back to the house an hour ago.  Her snout is very swollen.  The picture doesn't do it justice.  4 benadryl down the hatch and I will be watching her over the next hour or so to make sure we don't need to make an emergency vet visit.


1 comment: