Monday, March 29, 2010

Ants

Many people seem to assume that camping in the winter has been harder than in the summer. Often we are asked if we will be happy "when it warms up". The problem with warm weather is the bugs. If you have followed our blog you know that in the first two weeks of living in the campers we battled the ants. We won that battle after a ton of hard work. But we apparently didn't win the war. They were just laying low until we were unsuspecting. Last night in the cover of darkness they found some strawberries with sugar on them that were left on the counter. I got home today and had to start the process of throwing out all the open food. Luckily they had not invaded the cabinet yet so any food unopened I kept. I still fed Molly and Dolly anything that had the seal broken on it. Now all food is back in ziplock bags.. UGH.. I know this is just the start and it is only going to get worse from here. 6 - 8 more week, for some reason I fear these might just be the hardest I have done so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment