Friday, March 19, 2010

Renewed appreciation for MOM (and Dad)

The laundromat should be a 4 letter word... Mom (and sometimes Dad) have been doing our laundry since we moved into the campers. I take her baskets every few days and pick them up the next day folded and back in the baskets. I have been buying all the supplies for both us and them as well as giving her money to offset the huge electric bills she has been having. Remember all the mud I have been blogging about...The clothes are often real dirty!

This week I had 3 full baskets of clothes, all the sheets, all the comforters, and some couch throw type blankets that needed to be washed. Their washing machine just can't handle the down comforters. It was late in the afternoon and I headed up to the laundromat. It took me $42 to wash and dry the clothes. As the clothes were drying, I had my laptop and aircard on one of the folding tables doing some work to pass the time. All of the sudden the attendant came out of the office and started shouting at me. We have had rain here and I did have a SMALL amount of mud on my boots, but it was really not that much. She said "If I had seen you come in, I would have made you go outside and take your shoes off!" Then she started sweeping the floor and was trying to sweep under my feet where I was standing. I was not going to cooperate, I had just dropped $42 in there, so I refused to move my feet and continued to stand there. Honestly, my boots were not that muddy, I had kicked them on the sidewalk before I walked in, and the majority of the dirt she saw came from me putting the dirty clothes into the washing machines. What was real funny was I, for some stupid reason, thought I was the customer???????

Lucky for Mom - as the weather is getting nicer, I will be able to use my washer that Rod hooked up for me and a clothes line. The reason I have not been using it is because I don't have a way to hook up a dryer.

No comments:

Post a Comment