Thursday, March 18, 2010

Three Musketeers - Hold your fire

10:07 p.m. Tina is at Laine's spending the night, Tori is reading her book, I am on my laptop doing some work, Rod is playing the Wii. Then we have a "brown out". The electricity comes right back on. The dogs had been barking but way off from the campers. After about 15 - 20 seconds, Rod gets up and goes to the other camper to look out the window. He comes back in and says " I see a light and I have my gun. I'm on my way over there". Tori and I spring into action. I get the other pistol and start loading it. I come back to the girls camper to see Tori with Tina's pink BB gun cocked and ready. Tori has called her friend at this point and said "Paige if you hear gunshots call 911 and told her our address. As I am outside listening by the side of the camper, I can hear Rod talking and I can't tell what he is saying. The electrical pole is about 400 feet from the camper. After a minute or so I can tell someone is walking back over and I call out to Rod....

Apparently the plumber wanted to come "finish something up". He saw Rod with his gun and said "I'm glad you recognized me". I'm pretty sure he won't come after dark again. Good thing the port-a-potty is close to the electrical pole.

No comments:

Post a Comment