Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Destin, FL and Parasailing!

Laine needed to get away from Middle Tennessee for a little bit. A friend of hers has a condo on the beach in Destin and it was not rented for the week following Shelton's funeral. She asked me if I could go. I took a couple of days off from work and we headed to Florida with Tina and her friend Hayley in tow.

The condo was amazing and it was exactly what Laine needed. A place where Shelton loved to just go feel close to him. We didn't try to do much other than go to the beach, the pool and one afternoon of adventure.

Laine is scared of heights. She saw the parasailer's and said "if I could do that, then I think I can get through anything". I saw that as my mission - to show her she can survive this. Life without Shelton is going to be hard, but she can do it.

So I called the company and booked us on one of the evening trips. For several minutes, Laine was scared but then a certain calm came over her and it was amazing. It is so peaceful when you are up in the air. You can't hear the boats, the ocean, the wind. It is unbelievably quiet. It is certainly a moment that I will always treasure and I think she will also.

I have WAY too many good pictures, so I am going to limit myself to 5...

Tina and Hayley were the first!

A close up shot of Tina and Hayley

This is a picture of me and Laine after she had relaxed and we were on our way back down. At this point we were ready to stay up there a lot longer.

The view from our balcony!

And what boat is complete without two hot guys. Tina and Hayley enjoyed the view while on the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment