Saturday, June 4, 2011

Scrap Metal

Ok, finally a little money back into our pocket! Rod loaded up the old culvert, some other junk around here and headed to Steiner Lift. Of course, he called ahead to find out their hours. They were open on Saturday.... So the suburban is loaded down, and he heads out. Meanwhile, Tina and I are running errands when my phone rings.... "Brandy, I got here and there is not anyone here". Oh no. I tell Rod that I will try to call them and see what they say. In the meantime, someone sees Rod and walks over to tell him that the heavy machines that do the "large" scrap metal do not operate on Saturday. So now he is all the way downtown pulling the trailer, loaded down and is not able to dump it.

The person that Rod talks to tells him he can take it to a place in Hermitage. Now Rod has called me back, I am sitting in a parking lot looking up the location, the phone number, etc. I finally call and get someone to answer and verify that they will take the specific scrap metal that we have on a Saturday. They will! So now Rod has to head to Hermitage. Remember my suburban is definitely not liking this....

Finally when he gets there and unloads, it ends up being 2 tons worth and they are paying $230 per ton. So certainly only a drop in the bucket of what we have spent replacing the old culvert that was on the trailer, but $460... we'll take it.

When you look at the picture below, notice how the suburban is squatting!

No comments:

Post a Comment