Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What a Turn of Events

Wednesday morning started off the same... I went to work and they went to play :-)

Today was going to be different, Rod was going to keep the rental car.  They took me to work and were headed to spend the day at the Daytona Beach (which is about 45 minutes from my corporate office).

They didn't spend too much time at the beach because it was really hot.  While there they found a jellyfish on the beach that was dead and all took turns touching it.  Just silly stuff.  They did buy a float and Rod used his hot air to blow it up.  It was a huge whale!  All in all it was a fun time.



After work we ate at the hotel and headed to the pool.  Tori played basketball while Tina swam.  At about 9:00 we were headed back up to the room when my phone rings.  It was Rod's uncle who was calling to tell us that Shelton, Rod's stepdad, had a heart attack.  In our minds it just meant that he would have open heart surgery and probably be fine.  We waited on a follow-up call to see how he was.  It was a total shock and unbelievable when we were told he did not make it.  Shelton at the age of 61 had passed away.

This sent me into shock as well as crisis mode.  I called the front desk and told them we would check out in the morning.  Then I called the airline and asked about flights home.  I got us all on a noon flight on Thursday.  Then I called my boss and told him I was leaving to head back to Nashville and would not be in the office for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment