Tuesday, May 3, 2011

THE CULVERT Part 4

Monday April 28th - Rain

Tuesday April 29th - Rain

Wednesday April 30th - guess what? More Rain!!!!

So what are we doing at this point? Walking. We have 2 cars parked on the outside and one on the inside. I am running a shuttle service to and from the bottom of the hill. Then we are all putting on rubber shoes, walking down the hill into the horse area, across the field, across the 2nd culvert in there, (to see the work on that culvert: Playing-in-the-creek) up the fairly steep hill on the other side, through the fence (we had to take a section down) and to our cars. Every morning, every evening, to school, to work, etc. It was a real pain! Then during the day while they were all gone, I was stuck at the house. Luckily I have a job that I can work from home and was able to do this. (being unable to go anywhere, I actually got a ton of work caught up at my job since I didn't have any distractions and no where to go :-)

Rod walking up the other side to his car



Thursday - guess what!!! No rain. So what did it look like at this point? Obviously the gorge was larger, the sides were caving in, huge rocks have washed through, it cut the ditch farther into the creek which caused the pond to empty.



No comments:

Post a Comment