Monday, May 9, 2011

One oven too many

Just a little cute story about Rod......

I LOVE my double oven. I use it all the time. Rod doesn't.

Friday Rod and I were home alone. We didn't really want anything for dinner and decided to make bake some frozen apple turnover type deserts. So first I preheated the oven. When the chime when off, Rod put the pan in the oven and tried to set the timer. He has trouble with the timer and in the end he turned off the oven and the timer. I tried to come do it for him at this point.. but he wouldn't have that. So he hit the "lower over -> bake -> 400 -> start" and put the pan in the oven. Then he hit the "timer -> 1 -> 2 -> start".

Now about 8 minutes into it, he is watching the timer, telling me only 4 more minutes, then 2 more minutes, then 20 seconds.. our mouths are watering at this point. And finally the timer dings. I go in there and open the "lower" oven... empty. So I am dying laughing as I open the "upper" over to see our apple desert sitting there frozen as can be. Obviously he put them into the wrong oven :-) So now we had to wait another 12 minutes. (The really funny part is the is not the first time he has done this)

No comments:

Post a Comment