Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day - Tori and Tina are the most amazing kids! If you are a mother, you will totally understand that it is the hardest, most frustrating, most rewarding job in the world. I would not have it any other way. They make me love, laugh, cry, yell, smile and every other emotion that there is. But what they do the most is fill up my life with joy. Time is going by too quickly and I look at them and wonder where my little girls went. They are beautiful young ladies now and sometimes I long for them to be 3 or 4 again.

So here is what we did for Mother's Day:

Breakfast in bed is normally what they do for me. This year was different because we planned to have breakfast with my Mom. Tori had spent the night with the girls in her youth department at her youth pastor's house. So she came home at 6:45 to bring me a donut and flowers. Tina got up with Tori and supplied my favorite morning drink - no not coffee - but a diet coke is what I want for caffeine. Tori stopped on her way home to pick the flowers from the roadside. I asked if she "stole" them and she replied - "I don't think the were any ones, they were just on the side of the road".


Around 9:30 we headed to Mom's house for a good ole country breakfast - country ham, sausage, hash brown casserole, fried potatoes, fried eggs, homemade biscuits, strawberries, cantaloupe, red eye gravy, and brown gravy. It was YUMMY even if we would all be thirst from all the salt the rest of the day :-)



While we were waiting to eat, Tori decided to try to french braid my hair for the first time. Certainly with practice she will be good at it. Over the years I have done many unique braids on Tori, Tina's and... Kaylee (Tori's horse) hair.



Christy, Mom, and I


Back Row - Christy, Mom, and I
Front Row - Aunt Sandra, and Granny


After we ate and made a few pictures at Moms, my family was ready to head to the Tennessee Renaissance Festival. Tori and Tina both have costumes that Mom made for them a couple of years ago and they dress up every year.


At the festival we saw several of the shows, Tori got a henna tattoo, Tina rode the swings, we bought Tori and ear cuff, Tina a heart ring, and I got a puzzle ring for me and Rod's Mother, Laine. We also ate a fair share of junk food!

Here is a series of pictures from that part of the day










After we left the festival it was about 5:30 and we were close to where Laine and Shelton live. So we decided to call and drop in on them to give Laine the ring we bought her. We arrived to them sitting on their front porch waiting for us. They were excited to see us and began digging in their garden for me some plants. I am not ready for all that she wants to give me, but I took a few plants that I knew I could get into the ground. We enjoyed eating dinner and desert with them and stayed until about 8:30.

Rod and Laine in her back yard


Laine and Shelton with their beloved shovel :-)


While in the garden, Tina picked me some of the most beautiful Roses that Laine had to add to my Mother's Day. She even scattered rose petals for me to walk on. The roses were beautiful and still look amazing sitting on my kitchen ledge.



Now the day up to his point has been great... As soon as we left there Rod's car started acting up. He thinks it is something to do with the intake gasket. We are over an hour from home and Rod keeps on driving. At this point we are probably down to 3 cylinders in the car. For a good portion of the way he has to keep it in 4th gear to keep it from sputtering and dying on us. It takes us a long time but we do make it to the house. At this point all you can do is laugh. So looks like I am another couple of days stuck at home because he will have to get it worked on and while he is doing that he will be driving my suburban. I could take Tori's truck, but by the time I take her to school, Tina to school, get to work, and reverse all of that, I am on the road more than I need to be and I could just be sitting at the house working.

No comments:

Post a Comment